Back in the day, I remember it was a BIG DEAL when PokerTracker was finally able to calculate the equity percentages on each street. Regs everywhere were terrified that the games were going to DRY UP now that people knew that Aces weren’t far behind other hands!
Today many players write in to me asking how to build a HUD from scratch, or how to refine the HUD they already have. So here’s the thing…
For experienced players, a good HUD setup can be the secret weapon for dominating both regs and weaker players. For inexperienced players… A bulky, disorganized HUD can feel like an anchor that perpetuates break-even stretches, and makes you feel lost at the tables.
That’s why I created this short video-lesson titled “HUD School”. It includes the “5 HUD Laws” you can use to build a HUD from scratch, or perfect the one you already have. You’ll also learn:
- Why a PokerTracker Expert believes the HUD to be the most overvalued part of the software
- Why LOW STAKES players gain the most value from HUD’s
- The optimal learning/grinding ratio, and where to devote your time post-session
- Which stats are “must-haves” in today’s games, and how to do the “earn test” for your HUD.
- The biggest HUD MYTH poker players believe
For the lazy types like me, I’ve even included a copy of my HUD in this link, so you can import my exact HUD to use if you’d like. I believe everyone should customize their hud to fit their comfort level and unique preferences, but mine is certainly an upgrade from the basic option.
As always, please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, and of course, let me know what you think of the video!